fredag 8. oktober 2010

Typography

This week we learned about typography. We learned the difference between Antiqua- and Gothic- fonts. Antiqua has small "foots" on each leg: A. An example on Antiqua is the font TimesGothic don`t have these foots on, and they look like the font I`m writing with now, Verdana. In English this font type is named Gothic, but it is 2 font families named that. The gothic family is known by using letters like this: 


The Gothic font I`m talking about is the category Gothic that represents fonts like Verdana, Arial and Helvetica.
The task of the week was to write our schools name; Vågen Videregående Skole, and the name of the class; Medier og Kommunikasjon. We should try out 5 different contrasts to write in: Form/shape contrast, Size contrast, Strength contrast, Value contrast and Dynamic contrast. Examples follows.....:


Form Contrast:
Fonts with different form put together creates formcontrast.
Strength Contrast:
Differences that occur between Fonts of the same family that has unlike strength and weight.
Size Contrast:
The same shape or the same font of different size.


Value Contrast:
Clean value - or color-contrast.
Dynamic Contrast:
Variousness as big as possible.
These is the contrasts we went trough. This was task 1 out of 3. task 2 was to draw the 2 different font styles, Antiqua and Gothic, on paper. So I can`t upload it. Task 3 was to make a T-shirt design with fonts. That was funny. I`ll show you the result of my T-shirt:::::::
I used 2 contrasts: Size contrast, and Value contrast. I`m very proud of it, and it is not because Garfield joined it. Just so you`ll know, this design is created by fonts ONLY! If you don`t believe me, read the following sentence: The sleeping/dead Garfield is the symbol in the picture to the right.
  I downloaded the font "Garfield" and that is why the pictures of garfield is a letter or symbol.... Ok, the "blood" isn`t a font, you got me, I admit it. If you want to download this font, simply go to dafont.com and search for Garfield.


If this was a T-shirt, would you have bought it? I would :P


Spell ya l8er!


And by the way, later is after the vacation.
Have a nice Vacation!
I am tired of the publishing time, that always shows the wrong time. I did not publish this 0.40, or whatever. This post was published 10.26 in the morning.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar